Useful as snack in the weight control associated to the low calorie diets and constipation, mainly in children, pregnant women and aged. With advice of the a physician, it may be used also by diabetics.
The only “functional chocolate” that combines the beneficial properties of glucomannan fiber (type E425) with those of dark cocoa
100 g tablet – milk or dark chocolate with fiber of glucomannan
Cadicioc is useful to provide a high intake of both soluble (glucomannan type E425) and insoluble (cocoa) fiber, with a pleasant taste, it’s efficacious for chronic functional constipation, for low calorie diets (supervised), for metabolic disorders. Ideal for children, elderly people, pregnant women and diabetics.
Actions of glucomannan
Fiber with high viscosity and high power of imbibition (1:100) (see also Ecamannan).The 97,5% finest glucomannan (type E 425) is particularly useful in the reduction and the control of the weight and of the cholesterol in the blood.
It has the function to reduce the hyperglycemic postprandial peak and the insulin request and for constipation because of its bulk forming action through the gel that decreases the intestinal transit time with the formation of bigger and softer faeces.
Useful in low calorie diets because it helps achieving sooner a long lasting feeling of satiety, which makes easier following the diet. It’s useful to control the glycaemia level because it eliminates the hyperglycemic postprandial peak and reduces the insulin request.
Useful for hypercholesterolemia, especially when combined with an appropriate diet.
Actions of chocolate
It makes easier and pleasant the administration of glucomannan for constipation and in low calorie diets, increasing the fiber intake as well. Moreover, it is important to remember that Cadicioc, both dark and milk, improves the mood (antidepressant) and also improves the therapy for cardiovascular disease with antioxidant and cholesterol-lowering actions.
A good intake of magnesium helps counteracting cramps and muscle fatigue.
Many medical trials published on international journals show the effectiveness of glucomannan and dark chocolate.
The efficacy of the product has been described by the newspaper La Nazione 23 November 2007(year 149 – n.323) in an article titled “Inventions, the chocolate that makes lose weight”.
|MILK CADICIOC||for 100 gr||for piece 4,16 gr|
|Carbohydrates included||50,6 g||2,11 g|
|sugars||50,6 g||2,11 g|
|Fats included||28,8 g||1,20 g|
|saturated||17,2 g||0,71 g|
|Proteins||7,5 g||0,31 g|
|Dietary Fibres||11,7 g||0,49 g|
|Sodium||105,0 mg||4,37 mg|
|Energetic value in kcal||492,0 Kcal||20,42 Kcal|
|Energetic value in Kj||2058,0 Kj||85,75 Kj|
|DARK CADICIOC||for 100 gr||for pieces 4,16 gr|
|Carbohydrates included||48,0 g||2,00 g|
|sugars||48,0 g||2,00 g|
|Fats included||29,7 g||1,23 g|
|saturated||18,4 g||0,76 g|
|Proteins||6,5 g||0,27 g|
|Dietary Fibres||14,4 g||0,60 g|
|Sodium||13,0 mg||0,54 mg|
|Energetic value in Kcal||485,0 Kcal||20,17 Kcal|
|Energetic value in Kj||2031,0 Kj||84,62 Kj|
Dosage and Administration
2-3 chocolate pieces as a snack, followed by a glass of water or any other drink, to be taken on an empty stomach or according to medical advice.
Regularly declared to Italian Ministry of Health.
- 1. Effect of dietary supplementation with glucomannan on plasma total cholesterol and low density lipoprotein cholesterol in hypercolesterolemic children, F. Martino et al, Nutr. Metab. And Cardiovascular Diseases, vol 15, p. 174-180 (2005)
- 1. Glucomannan minimize the postprandial insulin surge: a potential adjuvant for hepatothermic therapy, Mc Carty M.F. et al, Med. Hypotheses 2002 June; 58 (6): 487-90
- 1. “Glycemic index and chocolate (Cadicioc) in patinets with Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus”, G. Ronzani, G. Schiavo. XIX ADI National Congress – Naples 10-13 November 2010
- Effect of Cocoa and Chocolate on Platelet Function, Nutrition Reviews, vol. 64, n. 3
- Effect of Cocoa and Chocolate on Vasodilatation, Nutrition Reviews, vol. 64, n. 3
- Cocoa Intake, Blood Pressure, and Cardiovascular Morality, B. Buijsse et al, Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 166 n. 4, 27 febbraio 2006
- Effects of low abitual cocoa intake on blood pressure and bioactive nitric oxide, D. Taubert et al. – The Zutphen Elderly study, Jama 2007 vol. 298 n. 1:46-60
- Short-term administration of dark chocolate is followed by a significant increase in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in blood pressure in healthy persons, D. Grassi et al. American J. of Clinical Nutr., vol. 81, n. 3, 611-614, marzo 2005
- Acute dark chocolate and cocoa ingestion and endothelial function: a randomized controlled crossover trial, Faridi Z. et al, Am. J. Nutr. luglio 2008; 88 (1): 58-63
- Plasma antioxidants from chocolate, M. Serafini, Nature vol. 424/28 agosto 2003
- Chocolate and prevention of cardiovascular desease: A systematic Review, E.L. Ding, Nutrition and metabolism 3-01-2006
- Small differences in the effects of stearic acid, oleic acid and linoleic acid on the serum lipoprotein profie of humans, Thijssen M.A. et al, Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2005; 82: 510-6